Quinoa is a buzz word in the healthy recipe world and it deserves it's reputation. It's one of the most protein-rich foods we can eat and contains almost twice as much fiber as most other grains and is filled with vitamins and minerals!
There is no limit to what you can do with quinoa. This weekend, I just used what I had in my fridge and this was my favorite quinoa experiment ever! This will forever be one of my coveted quinoa recipes!
*Adjust the ingredients to your liking. You can't make a mistake!
1 cup uncooked quinoa prepared according to package directions
Chicken broth (to boil quinoa in) according to package amount
2 ears corn kernels
1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. prepare quinoa according to package directions, but use chicken broth for more flavor.
2. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes to water so that it softens while quinoa cooks.
3. Boil corn a few minutes until bright yellow and cut off corn kernels after cooled (or use frozen or canned)
4. Saute onion in olive oil, salt and pepper until soft and fragrant. (add any herbs you wish) I love Herbs de Provence!
5. Mix cooked quinoa and sun-dried tomatoes with corn and onion
You can also use it the next day with a little egg and avocado on top! Yum!
Interested in learning more about meal planning? check out the uber effective tools I have for weight loss or sign up for a free consultation! It truly helps me to learn about you, so no consultation is a waste of my time EVER! I'm your gal if you want to lose weight and keep it off, if your dealing with chronic pain, sleep issues or hormonal changes! I would love to send you in the right direction. Contact me at email@example.com
Download your free eBook, 10 Simple Steps to a Leaner Healthier You!