If you like caprese salad, you will love this—so fresh and so simple! Enjoy!
• 4 organic, skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1.5 to 2 pounds)
• 1/4-1/2 cup thinly sliced packed fresh basil leaves
• 1 pound ripe tomatoes diced into 1/2 inch cubes.
• 4-6 cups baby arugula and/or spinach
• 5-6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Wash and pat dry chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just
• Cook chicken on one side for 8-10 minutes (depending on how thick breasts are) until golden- brown then flip and continue to cook on other side another 8-10 minutes, scraping together any brown bits. (Add a little extra olive oil if needed and cook a few minutes longer if needed at a medium heat–always check to make sure chicken is cooked thoroughly!)
As the chicken is cooking:
• In a medium size bowl, combine and toss together tomatoes, basil, garlic, vinegar, 3 tablespoons of oil and about 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste).
• Let the chicken cool a few minutes then slice into 2 inch strips (or you can serve the breasts whole, whatever you fancy!)
• On a large platter make a bed with the arugula or spinach mixture.
• Arrange the chicken on top and spoon on the tomato mixture and drizzle the juice over all.
Check out my health coaching programs: feel better, have more energy, lose weight and keep it off! Included is an eGuide full of recipes like this one!